Friday, January 7, 2011

Cold Date Does and Don'ts

Date Night!

I'm back ya'll and after a brief hiatus in France, I am actually staying in Portland, OR for a bit.  Being in Portland I'm learning about "Cold Dates" which I've always theoretically liked but in practice found that I was really cold and even the warmth of my beau, I was forced to stand next to the 7-11 hotdog warmer until I could feel my hands again.

I am slowly learning how to date in this weather, so let's begin.
  1. DON'T wear inappropriate clothing for the weather: Coats always, Pant's Probably.  Your date will think you are an idiot if you didn't know it was cold in Portland....at night...in the snow.
  2. DON'T rely on cheap stocking: They don't keep you warm when it's actually cold, only in Beverly Hills in the Summer.
  3. DO Layer Inappropriate Clothing: For new years I wore my cute black dress with black tights, bright blue long underwear, black UnderArmour.  No-One could see the difference.
  4. DO Remove Extra Layers in the Powder Room: Learn by Doing.  I would have discreetly changed out of the extra layers in the powder room if there wasn't such a line and the Waitress hadn't caught me undressing in the closet...Cold Date Faux Pas.
  5. DO Bring an umbrella: I know it's not cool to use an umbrella in Portland.  It's not cool to walk in LA. I get it. However, Umbrellas = Longterm Dryness and Warmth.
  6. DO Bring a Layer Bag: Rookie mistake.  Bring a tasteful GIANT bag to keep your stupid layers in so you don't look like such an idiot every time you walk into ANYWHERE.

1 comment:

  1. Great tips! But I don't like bringing an umbrella. :( I love the layering ideas you gave.

    ReplyDelete